D is for Doll

"Sweetums"

My uncle had me convinced that while I slept my dolls danced on the shelf all night long. I would try to trick them by pretending to be asleep and suddenly opening my eyes to catch them in the act. I tried desperately to stay awake pretending I was asleep but always falling asleep. I never did catch them out, I would wake in the morning and examine the shelf and yes they had moved in the night.
I was sure of it.

Alphabet Soup for C


D is for DogAh Toots, we knew her well


and she would do ANYTHING for a piece of pizza
Such a food whore!
Once food was in sight she would became rigid with concentration.
My son bet his sister he could put the pepsi can on her head
long enough for him to go and get the camera.
3 minutes later Tootsie got her reward.

D is for Daft
Peter Was Here

Comments

Anonymous said…
Wow! Clever Tootsie! Love the painting, you've captured her cheeky spirit beautifully. xx
CSouthwell said…
What a lovely Doll.

:)

Thanks for another great entry.
Undaunted said…
Lol that is so funny about Tootsie! And the burgular!

I remember trying to catch my toys out playing as well! Don't you think some of it was wishful thinking?
jafabrit said…
top bird, she was indeed a cheeky dog, a naughty, drooly smelly, fluff bag of a grouchy dog and we LOVED her.

thanks Southwell, I found her at a garage sale and had fun painting her.

Undaunted, tootsie got up to the most incredible tricks and situations, suffice it to say I cleaned up a lot more poo and vomit to last a lifetime from that doggie.
jafabrit said…
Oh my gosh, yes wasn't that story about the burglar a riot! DUH!!!!!!!
Leanne Pizio said…
Love this painting. And I love the alphabet idea.
Dancing dolls! Wonderful.
Ed Maskevich said…
I don't stop by for a few days and this is what happens. THANK GOD, well thank JafaBrit actually. Your mind is a wonderous place indeed.
Colette Amelia said…
I never know what to expect when Idrop by...and as always I am always glad I did!
Roy said…
Just stopped by to say Toodle pip.

I love your imagination.

Roy
I was telling a friend about your tattoo doll the other day, but I couldn't find the post with the one you did a couple of years ago. Now I can send her this link. :-D
The alphabet theme is interesting. Sorry to hear about the gallery closing. I know you'll miss it.
Sherry
Lynette said…
Aww Toots is so adorable and I love your painting of her with the pepsi can on her head, too cute lol!
Philip said…
Great doll!
dollgina said…
GIMME THAT DOLL! I wanna play with him, so cute, squeeze your cheeks, mwah!

Popular Posts