How to Get in the Zen or the Zone

Starting the day at the breakfast table with remnants of my birthday flowers helps.
Practicing mindfulness seems to be a big business. Some believe you have to do meditation. ARG! meditation. NO THANKS!  

How to Meditate at Any Time without Meditating

"If we are not fully ourselves, truly in the present moment, we miss everything." ~ Thich Nhat Hanh Flour. Salt. Water. Yeast. As I push the warm, soft dough against my palm, I feel the cold stone countertop underneath. I feel my hips leaning up against the cabinets.

"I met people who really enjoyed their lives on a daily basis. Spending time with friends. Savoring delicious lunches. Continuing their artistic pursuits ....  hiking in the mountains on weekends and reconnecting with nature" Amanda Cook

Another really good article I found called 13 Things Mindful People Do Differently Every Day. I am working on the "not checking the phone" bit but I am skipping the sitting and meditating part. Sitting in the studio lost in the process of painting, sewing, doodling, or photographing puts me right in the zone
Right now I am working on craft felt
craft felt art
for my yarn/craft tata trees, and integrating two pieces Nancy made with felt pieces stitched together.
It was a gorgeous sunny day on Sunday and I finally got another tree done.
yarnbombing in yellow springs, Ohio

No mountains around here, but beautiful state parks, bike trails, a friendly town, pals to lunch with, and plenty of art to do.
Hope you enjoyed the links and found them helpful. Until Next Time Cheerio




Comments

Popular Posts